This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Overlooked Irony? *Spoilers*

Default Overlooked Irony? *Spoilers*

I finished EOTD over the weekend (excellent imo), and after some consideration, I wondered about some of Flagg's previous interactions with Delain. The story tells of Flagg's influence some 400 years previous which left the kingdom in a vast 'depression'. Following Flagg's departure, the leader of Delain put people to work making napkins, lots and lots of napkins. These napkins are what Peter uses to make his rope. This is an ironic occurrence that's pointed out by the narrator.

Did anyone else think about this particular irony when Peter's fall was cushioned by these same napkins? I found this rather humorous, especially as Flagg realized Peter hadn't been killed by the fall.

I'm also curious as to the adventures of Thomas and Dennis, and the priest that's mentioned earlier in the story.

Default Re: Overlooked Irony? *Spoilers*

...visual aid...

I have been wondering about Thomas and Dennis as well,SK kinda left us thinking there may be more to their story,will they have a story of their own in the future,or may they appear in a totally unrelated work? Any inklings Ms Mod,or is it only the Shadow who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...visual aid...
    Aim for the center GNT..and think small..

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    I have been wondering about Thomas and Dennis as well,SK kinda left us thinking there may be more to their story,will they have a story of their own in the future,or may they appear in a totally unrelated work? Any inklings Ms Mod,or is it only the Shadow who knows?
    They made a brief appearance in the Dark Tower but I don't know of any plans for a stand-alone story with them.

I believe the original working title for the novel was "The Napkins".
    Flagg is sort of similar to Leland Gaunt in Needful Things...he likes going to a place, messing things up for a while, then leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    Aim for the center GNT..and think small..
    ...at my age, small is all I got...