Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Post your holiday decorations!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your holiday decorations!

Default Post your holiday decorations!

This was inspired by Jake's progress on decorating his Christmas tree.

Do you have holiday decorations up, out, around, hanging, lurking, or eating a sandwich over in a corner?
    Post a picture of them, whether they're indoors or out! Kwanzaa, Hannukah, Christmas, Samhain, Advent, St. Lucia's Day, Diwali - it's all good.
    I'll start:

This is the 12' fake tree that my mom and I decorated. It's in the atrium. Yes, there's a mural painted on the atrium's walls. Yes, we use the upper part of the staircase to get ornaments and lights on the top-most reaches of the tree....and when the staircase doesn't cut it, standing on the third rung up on a ladder usually does the trick.

I haven't made any photographs of it at night, but I'll give it a shot later on and post something if it turns out.

Attachment 16499

Default Re: Post your holiday decorations!

Beautiful!--all of it.

Wow- can you come decorate my place. On second thought, no way- that is pure critter playground.

It is Beautiful, Lily!

Wow. I'm not posting anything after seeing that! Gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    This was inspired by Jake's progress on decorating his Christmas tree.

Do you have holiday decorations up, out, around, hanging, lurking, or eating a sandwich over in a corner?
    Post a picture of them, whether they're indoors or out! Kwanzaa, Hannukah, Christmas, Samhain, Advent, St. Lucia's Day, Diwali - it's all good.
    I'll start:

This is the 12' fake tree that my mom and I decorated. It's in the atrium. Yes, there's a mural painted on the atrium's walls. Yes, we use the upper part of the staircase to get ornaments and lights on the top-most reaches of the tree....and when the staircase doesn't cut it, standing on the third rung up on a ladder usually does the trick.

I haven't made any photographs of it at night, but I'll give it a shot later on and post something if it turns out.

Attachment 16499
    Gorgeous!

Aw, c'mon, you guys! Post something!

Here's another goody: Lance, our Bird Man, with his Christmas balls. I'm just waiting for someone to pick that up and run with it.

He's a life-size piece of art my mother welded when I was 10. He lived in our back yard and was allowed to rust for some three-dimensional atmosphere, and then moved back indoors to shock and scandalize anyone who walks in the front door.

He receives Christmas balls every year in an effort to include him in the festivities, because he gets displaced by the Christmas tree. He skulks under the staircase from the beginning of December until the tree is taken down.

Attachment 16506

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Beautiful! Those are the biggest pine cones that I have ever seen (in the basket to the right of the picture)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vose View Post
    Beautiful! Those are the biggest pine cones that I have ever seen (in the basket to the right of the picture)!!
    Even though this was posted before Lily's so you wouldn't have seen Lance or needed to point out the pine cones were in the basket, it still made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vose View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (I'm sure you've connected the dots by now if you've seen the picture of Lance.)

Yes, my mother and I are very fond of using pine cones when we decorate for Christmas, and we both collect them. Mine are in storage at the moment, so we're using hers. They're from all over: Tennessee, California, North Carolina, Kentucky, and Virginia. Nuke the ones you find for 10 seconds to kill any stowaways and then do with them as you please.

I am a faily dark person, one might say, but I LOVE this time of year. There are many reasons for this, and just one is all of the decorations. I love them, even the not-so-pretty ones. I think, as with gifts, it's the thought that counts. Merry Chirstmas everyone! And I truly hope that you all have a wonderful new year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast