This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be more Mid World novels?

Default Will there be more Mid World novels?

So i picked up TWTTKH (used) this weekend, and almost finished it. I am blown away by the story, and the quality of writing is excellent as well. Im sure I am not alone here, but anytime I take a trip to Mid World, whether it be via the Dark Tower series (I-VII), Eyes of the Dragon, Little Sisters of Eluria, TWTTKH.. I am always blown away. There is something special and highly intriguing about Mid World, and its history, denizens, culture, magical elements, language, geography, creatures, etc. And ive found that even when the story doesnt directly involve Roland (ie Eyes of the Dragon, the tale of the Covenant Man), Mid World still never loses its magic.

So I must ask... have we seen the last novel set in Mid World? I hope not!

Default Re: Will there be more Mid World novels?

That depends entirely upon whether Steve gets an idea that he wants to write about Mid World.

...in a way, I think King would have had a wildly popular career-with JUST the World of the DT...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    That depends entirely upon whether Steve gets an idea that he wants to write about Mid World.
    So the wait begins!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...in a way, I think King would have had a wildly popular career-with JUST the World of the DT...
    JMO, but I think he'd get burned out on it. He likes to have a lot of variety and try new things to keep his creative inspiration going.

JMO, but I think he'd get burned out on it. He likes to have a lot of variety and try new things to keep his creative inspiration going.

This could be true. King could indeed get burned out on just Mid World novels, however, myself... I doubt Id ever burn out on reading them! And as much as I love SK's other work (huge fan of the Bachman novels), It, etc., Mid World novels and the world of the DT are what always what intrigues me and fascinates me the most.

...no question at all of that!...simply meant, if he HAD wanted to be a "one note" author-so to speak-there are certainly worse series to have hung your rep on...

Well, when he DOES decide to revisit Mid World... I'd love to read more about Arthur Eld.... or maybe the fall of Gilead... maybe even a novel about the Old People... so many possibilities!

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Also, if he only wrote Dark Tower books it wouldn't be as exciting when you come across a hint of Roland's world in the other books. While I do long for more stories of Gilead and the White and such, I'm comforted knowing that the Tower is at the center of all things, not just the DT books. All things do serve the beam, after all, and we all say thankya.

Are the 'other places' in books like Rose Madder, Lisey's Story, Duma Key and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut mid-world? How many other worlds are there? Is it infinite?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast