Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Don't You Hate It When...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't You Hate It When...

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Don't You Hate It When...

You step in water after you put your socks on

You slice your tongue licking an envelope

You find that important receipt you were looking for. It is in an unopenable little compact ball in the clothes dryer.

You set your alarm for pm instead of am

You discover a piece of parsley on your front teeth after you've talked with several people.

You realize you stepped in dog poop outside after you've already walked across your living room floor.

You're yelling and giving rude gestures at at the driver in front of you because he is sitting at a green light - then you realize he was sitting there because an emergency vehicle is coming through the intersection.

Default Re: Don't You Hate It When...

Yes. Yes I do.

DUHW the driver in front of you where you need to turn left isn't moving despite the light's green because they've got a cell phone glued to heir head?!

DYHIW...

You get in a line at the bank/grocery store, and that line immediately stops moving while the other lines now move quickly.

The vending machine keeps rejecting your dollar bill, no matter how flat you make it.

You didn't eat any junk food...but you still gained weight somehow.

You get water on your clothes while washing your hands in the bathroom, so now everyone thinks you peed on yourself.

You finally get all your chores done for the evening and you settle into the couch...then the phone rings.

You click on an iffy-looking website/photo on the internet and then your computer freezes...and then your boss decides this is a great time to drop by.

You see a parking spot in the other row, but by the time you get there, another car has beaten you to it.

You shovel the snow...and an hour later, it needs shoveled again.

I have done all those things except the last one. Yes. Yes I do hate them. I also hate:

BODILY FUNCTION WARNING:

Sitting down on the toilet and remembering, just a split second after you've started to pee, that you used up the last of the TP within reach the last time and had intended to put more on the roll, but forgot.

Getting to the checkout after a long grocery shopping jaunt, gotten to where it's JUST about your turn, and realizing you forgot one thing you absolutely must have.

Wearing your shirt inside out and backward all day, and no one says a thing (until your husband mentions it after work).

Remembering it's trash day only when you hear the truck pulling away.

I have done all those things in just the past few weeks.

You mistakenly put Preparation H on your toothbrush instead of toothpaste. This actually happened to me back in my younger, drunken days. .

DUHW you tell the Feds they got the wrong guy and you're wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    DUHW you tell the Feds they got the wrong guy and you're wrong?
    That ... has never happened to me. But I'm sure I would hate it.

When you use that little key to open a can of bully beef but the thin strip you are trying to remove breaks in your hand.
    When you try to open a safe-proof bottle of pills and the buggering cap will not open..no way.
    When the flashing ped light stops when you reach the curb....always.
    When you buy green peppers and there are all these little sticky labels on them.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast