This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roland's Salvation **SPOILERS**

Default Roland's Salvation **SPOILERS**

I understand that there are hundreds of posts on the ending of DT VII, and hundreds of questions of will this be his final journey, but what I want to know is when it is Roland's penultimate journey, and he reaches The Tower for the final time, what do you think his salvation will be?
    - Maybe it's King's own ka and damnation to never stop writing about it :P I can only hope!

Default Re: Roland's Salvation

....being totally serious here....his penultimate reward will be.....no more ring around the collar.....

I personally think he has many visits to come... Lord, it's a killer trip. Trouble is, it's haunting me, looping my life. I'm doomed to read, re read and read again. I'm also as doomed on my own path, in spite of reminders and recriminations. I'm no more likely to find the answer than poor long suffering Roland. That line: Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it...

Its up to Mr. King to write on what is the salvation of Roland

All I know for sure is that KA is a wheel.........

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

To rest, perhaps? To cease his journey? To wander hand in hand with Susan forever upon the Drop? Part of me worries very seriously that there never will be a last trip, though. Ka is a wheel, they say.

I believe (and I am probably totally wrong here, but only Sai King may know for sure) that Roland's journey will end once he is able to get it right. And by "get it right" I've not much of a clue what I even mean. And how will Roland eventually get it right? Does he even know he's on a looping journey?

Ah, mayhap he has a a foggy idea that he is? Remember that epsiode of Star Trek the Next Generation where the Enterprise hit some sort of temporal anomaly and ended up in a time loop? I think the ep was called "Cause and Effect". Anyhow, the crew slowly began to realize (almost subconciously) that they were on a time loop.. although they only had a vague sense of it. And eventually they did what it was they needed to do in order to get out of the loop.

Maybe on his subsequent journeys the same thing will happen to Roland. Maybe, he can make changes and do what it is he needs to do to find salvation. Exactly what changes need to be made? I dunno... maybe start putting the universe and existence above his own need to enter the Tower? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    I believe (and I am probably totally wrong here, but only Sai King may know for sure) that Roland's journey will end once he is able to get it right. And by "get it right" I've not much of a clue what I even mean. And how will Roland eventually get it right? Does he even know he's on a looping journey?
    I agree with you. He needs to "get it right" to stop his circle.

Perhaps that killer intuition is deja vu? Perhaps we aren't reading his first trip around or even hundreth? Maybe each time he gets it a little closer to perfect? I like to think each time the loop starts over it creates a whole new reality. I think the impression given is that he is doomed to keep repeating it untill he gets it ALL right. Susan lives, Cuthbert and Alain live, Eddie nor Henry ever started heroin(Jake could have prevented this), his mother never kills his father,he never kills his mother, and they arrive at the Tower together WITH the horn of Eld. In other words, I think long tall and ugly has a ways to walk yet.

I don't think he needs salvation,he just is what he is,not asking for sympathy,or forgiveness,or anything other than to continue his quest..to me Roland is each of us,and none of us,on our endless searches for truth,love,friendship,sustenance,heck even a place to shelter from the starkblasts of life,real and interior..for the Roland,and us,the road goes ever on and on,I'm a thinkin..thankee Sai..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast