Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hello

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Well after my first semster of college, I failed terribly. So I decided to leave NY and head out to AZ. Wish me luck.

Default Re: Hello

Best of luck--hope things work out better for you in AZ.

Don't give up. First semesters can be a real challenge. Not like High School. Wishing you good luck in AZ. Stay in the positives!!

Maybe a fresh start in a new place will help. Good luck and good vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    Well after my first semster of college, I failed terribly. So I decided to leave NY and head out to AZ. Wish me luck.
    I flunked my first semester, too. I say this not to discourage you, you may not turn out like me. Actually, I knew I couldn't do college straight out of high school. I didn't try again til I was twenty-one! and was ready to handle it by then.

Good to see you back here, Schmidty. Good luck in AZ. Keep us posted.

Schmidty, when you're in college, there are six things you can do....

study/do homework
    sleep
    go to classes
    eat
    socialize
    do laundry

...but you can pick only five.

You'll be fine. Prioritize and get it right this time. You're bright and motivated enough that you won't need a lot of luck.

My first semester was a disaster marked with bad grades, failures, two changes in my major, etc. My wife's first semester was a disaster too, she fled the school after a couple weeks and worked for semester before trying again at a totally different school. I think everything will turn out all right for you Schmidty--it just might take a couple tries.

...all the best, and stick with it....this from a guy who floated through his first semester of college on a sea of beer foam-I survived, buckled down and now have two degrees to my name...you CAN do it...

Schmidty,
    I was a very good student in high school, but fell way short of my own expectations my first year. Although I enthusiastically enjoyed my freshman year with parties, sports, etc..

Things learned.

1. Show up to class., even in lectures of 200 where they won't miss you.

2. Do homework everynight, don't cram. Especially technical stuff like math and chemistries, they have to build on each other.

3. Save parties for after the semester.

4. If you have to work part time like I did, don't let work consume you, getting a degree must become #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    And if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again! Wishing you tons of luck in AZ.

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right,
    - Albert Einstein