This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Critical works on The Storm of the Century

Default Critical works on The Storm of the Century

Hello!

Does anyone knows any critical works on Stephen King's The Storm of the Century?

Default Re: Critical works on The Storm of the Century

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    ...."give them what they want, and they'll yada, yada, yada......"

Thank you! But who is the writer of this essay? there is no reference...

All contents on that site are written by Kevin Quigley.
    http://charnelhouse.tripod.com/

I am wondering if Stephen King knows something about Illuminati, CIA mind control. Storm of the Century and Tommyknockers seems to be pointing to this. He obviously cannot say he knows this, (they might do him in.) But I think King does a good job of portraying mind control techniques used by government and elite.

Also I wonder if Linoge was to use the child he got as a means of 'soul scalping'. Linoge can remove the child's consciousness, (soul) and put his own consciousness or soul (spirit) into the child and live on in the child's (ralphi's) body.

This is just my speculation. I like King's movies a lot. I am just wondering if he is trying to get 'hidden' knowledge out to us through his movies. In my opinion, King knows things about mind control and the occult (Carrie) being an axample of this. Andre Linoge knew a lot about the 'non linear' world, psychic powers, mind control, brain washing people, etc. If someone knows King, they might ask if he knows about these things. (Anything that he can say publicly.)
    He is an intelligent story teller. I like his movies a lot. And I personally think he is trying to tell things in story form that he cannot say otherwise. Great movies.
    Last edited by Moderator; February 26th, 2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added spoiler tag

No, he's not trying to get out any hidden knowledge regarding mind control or the occult.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    No, he's not trying to get out any hidden knowledge regarding mind control or the occult.
    Soooo... how long have you been working for the Shop?

Quote Originally Posted by pachelbeld View Post
    I am wondering if Stephen King knows something about Illuminati, CIA mind control. Storm of the Century and Tommyknockers seems to be pointing to this. He obviously cannot say he knows this, (they might do him in.) But I think King does a good job of portraying mind control techniques used by government and elite.

Also I wonder if Linoge was to use the child he got as a means of 'soul scalping'. Linoge can remove the child's consciousness, (soul) and put his own consciousness or soul (spirit) into the child and live on in the child's (ralphi's) body.

This is just my speculation. I like King's movies a lot. I am just wondering if he is trying to get 'hidden' knowledge out to us through his movies. In my opinion, King knows things about mind control and the occult (Carrie) being an axample of this. Andre Linoge knew a lot about the 'non linear' world, psychic powers, mind control, brain washing people, etc. If someone knows King, they might ask if he knows about these things. (Anything that he can say publicly.)
    He is an intelligent story teller. I like his movies a lot. And I personally think he is trying to tell things in story form that he cannot say otherwise. Great movies.
    Stephen King? Man, that's nothing... the cycle goes all the way back to Lovecraft, maybe even earlier. If we could ever find out what happened to Poe on that October evening, we could pinpoint how far back the mystery goes. In any event, it's Lovecraft you should be looking into; Mr. King is just a patsy.

The only advice I can give is to run if you ever see the jellyfish people. They're not dangerous--but the things that hunt them are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Stephen King? Man, that's nothing... the cycle goes all the way back to Lovecraft, maybe even earlier. If we could ever find out what happened to Poe on that October evening, we could pinpoint how far back the mystery goes. In any event, it's Lovecraft you should be looking into; Mr. King is just a patsy.

The only advice I can give is to run if you ever see the jellyfish people. They're not dangerous--but the things that hunt them are.

Hello,
    Intertextuality is something common in literature. And each writer follows a certain tradition and follows on the steps of previous writers. So no wonder that Stephen King may be influenced or inspired by previous great writers such as Poe and Lovecraft. There is no point in comparing and saying that one is better than the other. We can like them all and appreciate their novels and short stories because even if novelists may share some features, each has his own style and way of expressing his vision and his experience in this world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast