Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
School shooting in Connecticut

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School shooting in Connecticut

Default School shooting in Connecticut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

I've just heard this on the news over here, I really hope none of those kiddies have been seriously injured!

What the fook is wrong with people??

Default Re: School shooting in Connecticut

I just read about it in our local news. They didn't say much. I really hope
    no one is injured.

A teacher was shot and has been taken to the hospital according to this report.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

What with the mega coverage this is gonna get, and this, oh yeah babes this one most certainly will, question in my mind ain't will there be another rash of these kinds of human tragedies & travesties, but sadly how many and how big, y'all reckon?
    I'm thinkin' it best to be ready for it.

People's attitudes are a disgrace, on that link Marsha posted somebody actually asked; "Why is this news?"! I wonder if they'd feel that way if their child was a member of the school? There's something sadly lacking in humanity lately and it really turns my stomach. I don't know if it's just people feeling they are clever because their comments are anonymous on the Internet, but even if they are simply trolling how do they live with themselves? Awful people.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the teacher who was shot. And the poor little ones......( And Pat I pray there are no copycats who get an idea to do this again)

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

And for the more flat Earth type, um, "thinkers" (an Oxycontin moron if I ever wrote one), folks, including your more whacked variety, maybe even especially (bein' that none are incumbered by any social norms, don't matter much what language they think crazy in), are in fact just exactly the same everywhere, always have been, always will be...

AP | CHRISTOPHER BODEEN | December 14, 2012 at 03:37 AM
    BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

So what do we do about crazy?
    Hey I know, at least for right here, let's just keep up with that mental health austerity thing (otherwise known as, 'If I don't look at or acknowledge it exists, unless I reeeeally have to 'cause it's "Breaking News" , maybe it'll all just go away'), I mean that seems to workin' out real swell, and gee whiz just think about how much moolah it's all saved, not to mention lives ...thanks lock & loads Ronnie, you was da man!

I do not understand people.

I agree with Pat, I think we are going to see a whole lot of this kind of stuff, until we get past the "doomsday" on the 21st. I think there are people out there who figure they have nothing to lose, because of all of that crap.

Got me to thinking about our schools, all the doors are locked as soon as the bell rings. If you go to the school at any time other than drop off or pick up, you have to be buzzed in by one of the ladies in the office. But, it sounds like this was a disgruntled parent? So what is to stop something like this? Anyone can walk in at drop off and pick up times, and if the ladies recognize you, they buzz you right in...the fact that we even have to be worried about these kinds of things makes me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I do not understand people.

I agree with Pat, I think we are going to see a whole lot of this kind of stuff, until we get past the "doomsday" on the 21st. I think there are people out there who figure they have nothing to lose, because of all of that crap.

Got me to thinking about our schools, all the doors are locked as soon as the bell rings. If you go to the school at any time other than drop off or pick up, you have to be buzzed in by one of the ladies in the office. But, it sounds like this was a disgruntled parent? So what is to stop something like this? Anyone can walk in at drop off and pick up times, and if the ladies recognize you, they buzz you right in...the fact that we even have to be worried about these kinds of things makes me sick to my stomach.
    Tina, Ours is set up exactly the same way. The next step would be metal detectors. That would address the problem of both students and others bringing in guns etc. ( we have had a lot kids bringing guns to school here. so sad )

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast