Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Shining Revealed

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Shining Revealed

Default The Shining Revealed

Hi everyone...
    I have recently published a book called 'The Shining Revealed', which explores Stanley Kubrick's version of the story. It analyzes the movie's plot, scene by scene, and pieces together Kubrick's underlying narrative buried beneath the surface of the film.
    Thank you for your time.

Default Re: The Shining Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by paulwhittington View Post
    Hi everyone...
    I have recently published a book called 'The Shining Revealed', which explores Stanley Kubrick's version of the story. It analyzes the movie's plot, scene by scene, and pieces together Kubrick's underlying narrative buried beneath the surface of the film.
    Thank you for your time.
    ...Congratulations.

So, have you read SK's The Shining? What did you think of it compared to the movie?

Or are we meant to read your book to find out?

Welcome to the board.

Hi everyone...
    Thank you for your time.
    Are you one of those weirdos who thinks the movie is a secret exploration of the space program, or the injustices committed against Native Americans, or something like that? If not, then I might be interested. If so, I am definitely not.

A link had been provided in the original post which I deleted because of the no self-promotion policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    A link had been provided in the original post which I deleted because of the no self-promotion policy.
    Quelle Surprise! I bet the smart cookie's username is also his real name should anyone want to look him up.

(Hang on a second ... ..., ..., ..., ... Phew, I'm back!)

Ayuh, his book's easy enough to find.

I tend to assume it's garbage, but I could be wrong. I'm planning on self-publishing a book at some point in the next few years, so maybe I shouldn't be too judgmental (bad karma, and all that).

I'm going to download the preview. I have nothing better to do at the moment. (<--- That part's a BIG lie, yup it's that time of year where I'm once again procrastinating in the hope of avoiding assignments. Yawn. )

Anyhoo, I'm intrigued by the product description that this is "...the truth behind The Shining." What makes it the truth, Paul? Because you believe it to be so or is their factual evidence in your book to verify this statement?

...I saw the movie, I already know the truth.....

Thanks Ally!
    Yes, I read the novel back in high school and enjoyed it very much. Basically, I discovered that what Kubrick has done is use the plot of King's novel to embed his own story underneath, tweaking King's plot in many ways to effectively tell the story he intended to tell. In the book, I assert that the hotel is not haunted and that Jack does not succumb to insanity. He does suffer a transition toward extreme aggression, which, to some, can be considered a form of madness. But the madness is not caused by mental illness or spirit possession. In the film version, Jack attempts to kill his family simply because he hates them. Also, the book explores the Freudian aspect of The Shining, which, in the end, links to why Kubrick decided to mask his story inside or King's plot. I also explain many of the 'unknowns' in the film such as who the woman in room 237 is, how Jack escapes the storeroom, and the meaning behind the 1921 photograph. I don't expect everyone to agree with my theories 100% but I hope that many will see it as the most accurate interpretation of the film to date. My goal was to write a book that unveils the truth behind the film and present the information as clear and concise as possible for all those who love The Shining as much as I do. I Hope you enjoy it

Hi Bryan,
    You're in luck... I'm not one of those weirdos, haha... I too disagree with some of the theories floating around out there and can assure everyone that Kubrick's version of The Shining has nothing to do with faking the moon landings. The only possible link to the Apollo 11 mission is the Apollo shirt that Danny wears right before entering room 237. However, if Danny's shirt is a reference to Apollo 11, I'm sure Kubrick inserted it into the scene merely for fun. After careful analysis, I have found that Bill Blakemore's theory about the slaughter of the American Indian's does exist within the film, yet I do not consider genocide in America to be the foremost idea that Kubrick intended to convey. He merely uses the conflict between the white man and the American Indians as a symbol of genocide, which, in turn, directs the audience toward the film's true narrative. In other words, it is just one aspect of the film. I find the Freudian aspect to be much more significant.

Moderator: my apologies for inserting the link - I should have taken the time to read the forum rules. I don't think people will have a hard time finding the book. Thank you for allowing my post regardless

Thanks Ally!
    Yes, I read the novel back in high school and enjoyed it very much. Basically, I discovered that what Kubrick has done is use the plot of King's novel to embed his own story underneath, tweaking King's plot in many ways to effectively tell the story he intended to tell. In the book, I assert that the hotel is not haunted and that Jack does not succumb to insanity. He does suffer a transition toward extreme aggression, which, to some, can be considered a form of madness. But the madness is not caused by mental illness or spirit possession. In the film version, Jack attempts to kill his family simply because he hates them. Also, the book explores the Freudian aspect of The Shining, which, in the end, links to why Kubrick decided to mask his story inside or King's plot. I also explain many of the 'unknowns' in the film such as who the woman in room 237 is, how Jack escapes the storeroom, and the meaning behind the 1921 photograph. I don't expect everyone to agree with my theories 100% but I hope that many will see it as the most accurate interpretation of the film to date. My goal was to write a book that unveils the truth behind the film and present the information as clear and concise as possible for all those who love The Shining as much as I do. I Hope you enjoy it

Hi Bryan,
    You're in luck... I'm not one of those weirdos, haha... I too disagree with some of the theories floating around out there and can assure everyone that Kubrick's version of The Shining has nothing to do with faking the moon landings. The only possible link to the Apollo 11 mission is the Apollo shirt that Danny wears right before entering room 237. However, if Danny's shirt is a reference to Apollo 11, I'm sure Kubrick inserted it into the scene merely for fun. After careful analysis, I have found that Bill Blakemore's theory about the slaughter of the American Indian's does exist within the film, yet I do not consider genocide in America to be the foremost idea that Kubrick intended to convey. He merely uses the conflict between the white man and the American Indians as a symbol of genocide, which, in turn, directs the audience toward the film's true narrative. In other words, it is just one aspect of the film. I find the Freudian aspect to be much more significant.

Moderator: my apologies for inserting the link - I should have taken the time to read the forum rules. I don't think people will have a hard time finding the book. Thank you for allowing my post regardless
    A-ha!

Sounds like something I might need to check out after all. Thanks for the info, and best of luck with the book!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast