Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hile

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Hile

Default Hile

Hello to everyone,
    My name's J, and I'm a long-time reader, long-time fan of the gentleman we're all here on this forum to discuss.
    I've read Mr. King's books for a long time, but always alone until I picked up The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger, read it all on a long drive, then promptly handed it over to my mother. Together, we made our way through books 1-7 during one of the more difficult periods of time in our lives - the death of my grandfather (her father), and her initial diagnosis of ovarian cancer stage 3c.
    I suppose I'm here because, in some desperately foolish way, I'm hoping he'll see this. That I want to say thank you to him, for his world and his words that helped she and I through a dark time in our lives... and whose words continue to help she and I through darker times yet. My mother's cancer is an on-going battle, the past few weeks have been hell for her... yet now that I've reminded her that there's still another Dark Tower book to be read (The Wind Through The Key-Hole), she's getting a little bit of that fire back into her in anticipation. She's laughing again because of it, and like always she and I say little things to each other like "Thankee-sai", and laugh at our private joke that no one around us but us seems to get.
    So... Thank you, Mr. King, for giving us your world and the inspiration to keep on going.

Default Re: Hile

Welcome! Hugs and prayers for you and your mom.

(((((wistful_pprentice, Mom, and family)))))

Thank you much, I appreciate it!

Welcome Wistful, I hope you and your mom enjoy TWTTK, it is another great DT book. Let us know how you like it when you and your mom are done reading it.

Hugs to you both, hope to see you around here often.

So... Thank you, Mr. King, for giving us your world and the inspiration to keep on going.
    ...so sweetly stated, and absolutely perfect...

Thank you, all of you, for your kindness. I greatly appreciate it, and am glad to see this community as warm and welcoming as I'd hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by wistful_pprentice View Post
    Thank you, all of you, for your kindness. I greatly appreciate it, and am glad to see this community as warm and welcoming as I'd hoped it would be.
    ...we are blessed by your inclusion....

Bide a while with us if it do-ya.