Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone Ever Find An Original Bachman PB In A Thrift Shop?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ever Find An Original Bachman PB In A Thrift Shop?

Default Anyone Ever Find An Original Bachman PB In A Thrift Shop?

I have picked up a lot of old SK hard covers in thrift shops. I also look through the paperbacks, thinking (against whatever the odds are) I might luck out and find a Bachman book - one of the first four, that is.

Has that ever happened to anyone - at a thrift shop, garage sale, or flea market?

Default Re: Anyone Ever Find An Original Bachman PB In A Thrift Shop?

The original Bachman books were paperbacks. It wasn't until the release of Thinner that a hardcover was released under the Richard Bachman pseudonym so looking through the paperbacks would be the right place in this case to find The Long Walk, The Running Man, Rage, or Roadwork first editions.

I found the Running man for $3.00 orginal 1st edition.At a second hand bookstore.

I found Thinner for 25 cents. First edition. Apparently now it's worth $50 to $75. I only know this because I am now having my books appraised through what I call "Directive 19" but really it was Ms. Mod's sage advise!! And I am ALWAYS looking through used paperbacks.

As a collector I have been shocked at what I have found for under $5 by just looking. I have extra first editions coming out my eyeballs that I will sell one day. Some day....

The ultimate find for me would be a first edition Gunslinger. I keep hoping.

....goood luck in your quest Indiana Wood......

I peruse many, many thrift shops and used bookstores whenever I can. I have indeed found some of the original Bachman paperbacks at these types of stores. Mostly The Running Man. I have paid anywhere from .25 cents (found a decent copy of TRM on a clearance rack once at Half Price Books!) $1.25 (again, at HPB as the cover price is $2.50) and $1.78 at a Christian Thrift store. I think I also found a decent copy of Roadwork about ten years ago at a thrift store also and only paid like a dollar for it. So, if you have access to any thrift stores in your area it pays to look around in them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I found Thinner for 25 cents. First edition. Apparently now it's worth $50 to $75. I only know this because I am now having my books appraised through what I call "Directive 19" but really it was Ms. Mod's sage advise!! And I am ALWAYS looking through used paperbacks.

As a collector I have been shocked at what I have found for under $5 by just looking. I have extra first editions coming out my eyeballs that I will sell one day. Some day....

The ultimate find for me would be a first edition Gunslinger. I keep hoping.
    I found a decent second printing Grant hardback ex-library copy at a Value Village and paid 2.99 for it! The dj had issues (someone had actually cut off the inside flaps, front and back, trimmed off the price list at the top ????) but overall it was a great find!

Bought an excellent copy of 'Rage' for 10 bucks in a used bookstore in Connecticut.

I have a paperback copy of the original Bachman Books (containing Rage), which I bought online from an eBay seller for 10.

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    Bought an excellent copy of 'Rage' for 10 bucks in a used bookstore in Connecticut.
    And how much would you sell it to me for????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast