Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
For the love of John

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the love of John

Default For the love of John

...others may also be doing this, and I know my wishing to remember the esteemed Mr. Dalglish is not a unique desire-but I KNEW I'd never be able to lay my head down to rest if I didn't take a stab at remembering the once and future King of this Board....on this, the one year anniversary of his entering the clearing-I do not want anyone to be maudlin or wallow in sorrow-ya hear me???!!!...let us keep John and his family in our thoughts...he brought us joy, wisdom and love-and I personally feel, we have kept his example very well...I simply want to remember my friend with a bit of painful sweetness...the rose sang for him, as it will for all of us one day, and I only hope that when he greets us at the end of our paths-we will have lived with the grace, gallantry and good humor that he did....still loving you John, and the Board is stronger than ever dear friend-in that way-we honor your legacy...

Default Re: For the love of John

So hard to believe it's been a year already. I miss having you here although I don't doubt that you're here in spirit. I know how hard it's been for many to carry on without your presence--a presence that was large and whose absence is sorely felt. I also know how much this community meant to you and I hope we can continue to keep it the place that made you feel welcome and where you shared so much of you here. We all grieve in our own way and time but I agree with Scott and sincerely believe you would not want us to mope but rather be here to keep the ka-tet strong--to live, to love, to laugh, and to feel the connections between us. Till we meet at the clearing at the end of the path.

One quote that John used that stays within me ...... and I see JD in those stars each night.

"Two men looked out from prison bars
    One saw mud but one saw stars

See the stars, see the stars!

The glass is always half-full.

Long days and pleasant nights"

GNTLGNT

For the love of John
    ...others may also be doing this, and I know my wishing to remember the esteemed Mr. Dalglish is not a unique desire-but I KNEW I'd never be able to lay my head down to rest if I didn't take a stab at remembering the once and future King of this Board....on this, the one year anniversary of his entering the clearing-I do not want anyone to be maudlin or wallow in sorrow-ya hear me???!!!...let us keep John and his family in our thoughts...he brought us joy, wisdom and love-and I personally feel, we have kept his example very well...I simply want to remember my friend with a bit of painful sweetness...the rose sang for him, as it will for all of us one day, and I only hope that when he greets us at the end of our paths-we will have lived with the grace, gallantry and good humor that he did....still loving you John, and the Board is stronger than ever dear friend-in that way-we honor your legacy...

Ms. Mod

Re: For the love of John
    So hard to believe it's been a year already. I miss having you here although I don't doubt that you're here in spirit. I know how hard it's been for many to carry on without your presence--a presence that was large and whose absence is sorely felt. I also know how much this community meant to you and I hope we can continue to keep it the place that made you feel welcome and where you shared so much of you here. We all grieve in our own way and time but I agree with Scott and sincerely believe you would not want us to mope but rather be here to keep the ka-tet strong--to live, to love, to laugh, and to feel the connections between us. Till we meet at the clearing at the end of the path.
    Well said, well done. May we continue to be the loving place John found helpful.

Thanks Scott. I tried to write something earlier but I just couldn't find the right words, so your sentiments are much appreciated.

And thank you for that little reminder Spidey, reading that truly made me smile...the glass is always half full!

I will miss you always, JD.

John's son David once shared his dad's favorite joke...

A priest, a rabbi, and an Irishman walk into a bar. The bartender says, "What is this, some kind of joke?"

Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will. Author Unknown

I miss you, John. I know you are watching over us always.

I think of John often and stop by his page to see that smile. He was everywhere and he is missed by so many.

John, You are loved and missed and always will be. ((( Ka_Tet)))

Thank you, Scott, for these words.

John, my brother...I will love you forever and ever, it broke my heart all over again to light a candle today for you...
    Wait for us by the Tower, we will meet again...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast