Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Bought it. Gotta read it.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought it. Gotta read it.

Default Bought it. Gotta read it.

Okay, I've been stuck for a while, not wanting to read Cujo. However, I need to move beyond this if I am to continue down my chronological reading of all of King's works. SO. I have purchased the book from Amazon. A hardbound version. I think the fact that I paid money for it (as opposed to borrowing it from the library) and that it is a physical thing that will be sitting on my nightstand (not an e-book) will help me overcome my aversion to watching a good dog go bad.

Default Re: Bought it. Gotta read it.

Did you get it? Is it a 1st?

Todash, I feel the same way. I've not read Cujo yet, but I'm fascinated by the affects of a virus and the havoc it can cause (and it would be on my list to read anyway). I'm hoping that it won't be so sad that I'll have to put it down! I've never read a book yet that could do that to me, but the subject is a little hard, isn't it?

...it is a very sad book overall, but damn don't he write it good!...laws yes!...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabot View Post
    Todash, I feel the same way. I've not read Cujo yet, but I'm fascinated by the affects of a virus and the havoc it can cause (and it would be on my list to read anyway). I'm hoping that it won't be so sad that I'll have to put it down! I've never read a book yet that could do that to me, but the subject is a little hard, isn't it?
    I voted not to read that book a long time ago. I started my love for Stephen King back when I read The Shining when I was 16. I began sneaking books from my mother's library. She saw that I grabbed Cujo one time and she said, "Are you sure?" Then she told me what it was about and I have declined ever since.

From experience in thinking I know things I have no way of knowing my habit now is to avoid believing I know a damn thing about a sK book before reading it. And, I've yet to be disappointed even a little once I start reading even sK books which for whatever bogus reasons I thought I wouldn't like. I believe sK could write about a sewer backing up and I'd like it. I think he has and I did.

You won't be sorry. As usual the writing and characterization is spot on. It is a little hard in places, though.

I love Cujo. He only ever wanted to be a good dog. Enjoy.

You're going to love it, Todash!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabot View Post
    I thought I was prepared, but at the very beginning, King makes it clear that Cujo is a good dog. Not just an okay dog, but a GOOD one. So when he started chasing the rabbit, I couldn't watch. I had to close the book. I'm going to do it this time, though; I'll just keep repeating to myself "it's only a book, it's only a book."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast