I'm a sucker for WESTERNS... I used a number system this year but i guess it is what it is...
I haven’t seen HOLY MOTORS – LES MISERABLES –( I own the vinyl Broadway) – Amour (2012) - LIFE OF PI – FLIGHT – THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER – CLOUD ATLAS - SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK - The Bullfighter and the Lady - RUST AND BONE - I guess this is how I chose the list my favorites of 2012…
1. DJANGO UNCHAINED – Love the sound track https://soundcloud.com/#unchained-so...pecial/s-aTcIA Ihope if Taratino does retire from Directing that he would continue to write and produce his imprint on film is so influencial to film and could be another chapter on film maybe like a CORMAN/HAMMER/WATERS/NEW LINE production find the next's Di Leo - Tarantino - Stone - Darabount - Roth - Green - Rodriguez - Scorsese - Cameron - Carpenter - Peli - but he'll do what he'll do but I can't imagine not having a Taratino film in some sort to look forward to
2. HATFIELDS & MCCOYS – LAWLESS -
3. ZERO DARK THIRTY
4. ARGO - THE MASTER – LINCOLN
5. LOOPER - END OF WATCH – THE BRAVE – CALIBER 9 trilogoy
6. Budd Boetticher - Seven Men from Now (1956) The Killer Is Loose (1956) Decision at Sundown (1957) The Tall T (1957) Buchanan Rides Alone (1958) Ride Lonesome (1959) Westbound (1959) Comanche Station (1960) A Time for Dying (1969) - Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970) I had the joy of watching this chapter in Budd’s life in a row and what a treat. I think Two Mules for Sister Sara might be one of my favorite Western sound tracks of all time
7. THE AVENGERS - THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY –
8. THE STALKING MOON saw for the first time this year it’s to me is the first SLASHER WESTERN -
9. A PISTOL FOR RINGO – RETURN OF RINGO – I saw for the first time this year - the first DIE HARD? or was it RIO BRAVO in concept… - THE MAN WITH THE IRON FIST – I really hope we get a 4 hour cut I really hope felt like things were missing… I cried in the opening credits…
10. THE CABIN IN THE WOODS – I heard the hype so I tried as hard as I could not to know anything about the film saw the trailer and figured it out beat for beat before I saw it. Was a strange feeling at first I was mad at the trailer for ruining a bit of the experience. DARK KNIGHT RISE I wrote out the perfect trilogy outime for the series to continue all three different from one another and the three prior opening the franchise to endless sequels and solves the Bale as Batman character. It also has a cool twist to RIDDLER thats never been done and would bring Gotham is Hostage Riddle and Peguin also opens the flood gates of all the Batman Villains...
11. SINISTER – CHRONICLE - THE AGGRESSION SCALE -
12. THE RAID: REDEMPTION/ DREDD 3D wouldn’t it be cool if these productions could team up…
12 1/2. THE GREY - BOURNE LEGACY - SKYFALLS – JACK REACHER
13. GOON - TED
14. THE INNKEEPERS
15. MAGIC MIKE – It’s krazy 10 years ago if you had taken the men and made them woman was life at the KING’S INN… Mine would be called HUSTLING HOLLYWOOD and more reality violence...
16. BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILDS
17. MOONRISE KINGDOM – I use to work at Camp Courage
18. CORALINE – Saw this for the first time and several other times this year… It crawls under your eyes…THE PIRATES: BAND OF MISFITS
19. MIB3 - AMERICAN MOVIE (1999) – Saw for the first time so good…
20. KILLER JOE – EXPENDABLES 2 hope they get JOHN WOO for the 3rd…
21. DETENTION – THE ROAD (2012)
22. PARANORMAN – WRECKN RALPH
23. AMAZING SPIDER MAN
25. SILENT NIGHT - ( Favorite ending in a horror MADISON COUNTY)
27. THE APPARITION
I sure I missed a few so I am sorry for that hope you care...