Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I have changed my profile picture.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have changed my profile picture.

Default I have changed my profile picture.

I am also a big SouthPark fan. I have found a way to combine my love of that universe
    ... with Stephen Kings multi-verses

EVERY ONE please see my profile and my photo folder .

Also , all of a sudden I dont know how to change my avatar. except to use one thats
    all ready "loaded" at this site. I can not choose one from my own C drive. am I missing
    some thing ? , or is not an option anymore ?

Also, I am kind of irritated that I can not read "In The Tall Grass" with out first buying an
    Ibook or a Kindle'er or a Nook or a [EDIT] "E-Cranie reader" or whatever the [EDIT] else they have
    for sale these days . I am old, I dont like that Wii-box whatever stuff. [EDIT] and I sure as [EDIT]
    dont wanna pay for it.

also, I love Stephen King and his son ...so I am allowed to rant a little (as seen above).

someday I may HAVE TO buy a Nook or a Cranie thing . Not just for S.K. works...but because everyone
    will be selling 'e-book' only stories . It will be sad day. ? what is a Cranie Anyhow ?

The world has teeth and it can bite you with them any time it wants--Trisha M.

Default Re: I have changed my profile picture.

We don't allow custom avatars and never have.

You don't have to have an ereader to read those stories. I'm not sure what the procedure is with Nook but Kindle has a free application you can download to your computer, mobile devices, etc. so that you can then order their Kindle books. Here's a link to their download information.

some of you are going to find the following very hard to believe::
    I do not own a credit-card. I do not have an e-money account of any kind. I can not buy anything
    over the internet... and Im OK with this.

What I mean to say in this post is that some Titles (not just Kings work) DO NOT EXIST on paper, only on the web
    You can not buy them in book form....this is true yes>? In The Tall Grass is one such title, yes?

Is is a strange day when some books are not available in book form. We have entered into the era of "North central Positronics"-- Gan help us all.

There is a old story :
    In the year 1064 AD , One Monk said to another " well... books are nice and everything...but as long as people read, there will all ways be Scrolls !"

Young people tell this story to old people like me (Im 44) , they (and the story) try to teach us that the world is always "Moving on" and that we (old people) should move with it. They believe our resistance is silly and childish. Roll along with the wheel of Ka, or get crushed beneath it...they tell us.

But I say all things serve Ka.__ Our childish resistance serves Ka and in my case it saves me money . Vanney would never download an ebook!!!

In the Tall Grass is not available only as an ebook. It was available in print in Esquire. Part 1 was in the June/July 2012 issue and part 2 was in the August issue.

In a related matter, I cuneiform like a mad beast!!!

Tiny, I'm curious, can you at least show us what your new avatar would have been, as a picture? We're allowed to post pictures after all.

OMG ... its ...wait...what now ? ...LOL... Uuumm ...OK ...I only have to buy the magazine .

I hope someday Mr. Joe Hill puts out a book of short stories and Novellas that has 'Tall Grass' inside it./

LOL. -these are strange days.

The avatar that I wanted is now my profile pic, see my profile and click the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Tiny, I'm curious, can you at least show us what your new avatar would have been, as a picture? We're allowed to post pictures after all.
    ...if I had to hazard a guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    We don't allow custom avatars and never have.

You don't have to have an ereader to read those stories. I'm not sure what the procedure is with Nook but Kindle has a free application you can download to your computer, mobile devices, etc. so that you can then order their Kindle books. Here's a link to their download information.
    Nook offers a free app as well. I have it on my pc, and I keep ebooks both on the Nook, and on the laptop.
    Adobe also has a free reading app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast