Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
A Library With No Books

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Library With No Books

Default A Library With No Books

What next - a bathroom with no TP?

http://news.yahoo.com/library-withou...news-tech.html

Default Re: A Library With No Books

...grocery without the food...WTF???, that's not a damn library...it's just an overgrown/overblown e-frickin' reader.....

That's just so wrong in so many ways. Where's the comfy overstuffed chair to sit in/ or rocker to rock in/or sofa to stretch out on with tons of pillows. How about a nice beach chair/blanket on the sandy beach- heck it's warm in FL. The world moved on.........

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...grocery without the food...WTF???, that's not a damn library...it's just an overgrown/overblown e-frickin' reader.....
    It's like a bar without the beer I tell ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    That's just so wrong in so many ways. Where's the comfy overstuffed chair to sit in/ or rocker to rock in/or sofa to stretch out on with tons of pillows. How about a nice beach chair/blanket on the sandy beach- heck it's warm in FL. The world moved on.........
    It's going to snow here in NH tonight.......those comfy reading sites will be most welcome!!

I don't like this idea NO not at all. Library without books, what library is that.

Eh, I don't mind so much. I love my library, but honestly, I don't stay there for any length of time; the only time I ever have is while doing research homework as a teenager ... or flipping through an especially interesting book in the research only section. Otherwise, I check out books and take them home ... to my comfy chair, my tea, my fuzzy warm socks. There is something especially cozy about checking out a book on my Kindle without ever once leaving the comfort of my home. And hey, if e-readers can lure kids to reading, by all means, let this happen.

(That being said, some books, because of their format, are just easier to read in one format or the other. I would not like to be forced to only read e-books. Or, for that matter, physical books.)

Why even have that kind of library at all, couldn't the same thing be accomplished a lot cheaper online? Seems like more of a publicity stunt than a library.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Eh, I don't mind so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Reading that article and seeing how clinical everything looks makes me want to smash my kindle and run down to the library asap! I'm ashamed to say it's been a long time since I've been in the library--the university academic library doesn't count!--growing up I practically lived there. Now I always buy my books, both real and ebooks...the world really has moved on and it looks like I moved along with it, without even realising. I think I will visit the library this weekend and see what treasures they have waiting to be discovered.

The Tin man has no heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast