This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello out there

Default hello out there

I'm not usually much for joining any sort of online forums or message boards, but suffering from frequent bouts of insomnia I find that I sometimes need something to occupy my mind in the wee small hours. I came across this site while looking for a tidbit of SK information and so I figured why not stick around. Upon first look this site is vast and overwhelming, but I am eager to explore this repository of Stephen King knowledge and information and meet all you fellow King fans.

Default Re: hello out there

Upon first look this site is vast and overwhelming,
    ...like my brain!!!.....say sorry-even I couldn't keep a straight face on that one!....only thing vast, is my expectation that Noobs bring me cookies, so try to work some baking in while chasing Z's, 'K?.....

Welcome aboard! We're a fun, (mostly) nice group; look forward to seeing your posts.

While I am not averse to some late night baking, I must invoke a little known loop hole. I have been reading SK since 1984, so since my fandom pre-dates this web site (and even the internet as we know it) I am going to wriggle out of the Noob cookie rule and leave the mandatory baking duties to those who have only more recently discovered The Kingdom. Besides, you'd probably break off a tooth on my cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    While I am not averse to some late night baking, I must invoke a little known loop hole. I have been reading SK since 1984, so since my fandom pre-dates this web site (and even the internet as we know it) I am going to wriggle out of the Noob cookie rule and leave the mandatory baking duties to those who have only more recently discovered The Kingdom. Besides, you'd probably break off a tooth on my cookies.
    Hi. What?

hi & welcome. I too strugglew/ insomnia-mine is getting & staying asleep. if I can manage to stay asleep then I'm good.what is your cross to bear?hope its not like ralph roberts problem....

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Hi. What?
    He's saying that he's too good to bake cookies for GNTLGNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    OIC. I got lost in the translation, is my excuse, being a Bill Murray fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Not too good. Just too....lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    I have been reading SK since 1984, so since my fandom pre-dates this web site (and even the internet as we know it) I am going to wriggle out of the Noob cookie rule and leave the mandatory baking duties to those who have only more recently discovered The Kingdom.
    Yeh, most of us don't function on a heirachy here, in any capacity. Every member is treated the same way, irrespective of how long they've been reading and whether they're new/senior/prolific or uber members. So you best get baking, sugah!

Ooh, and welcome to the board...I look forward to reading your posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast