This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boogers!

Smile Boogers!

Hi, Everybody!

Let's talk boogers.

How many times have you been talking to someone and they have a booger hanging from their nose?

What do you do or say? Have mercy!

OMG! There were times when I was going about my business, talking to co-workers, clients, and strangers.

Later, I would take my compact out to check my make-up....(I have oily skin. I like to blot. Ha!) and there IT was!!!!! A booger hanging from my nose! How long was that booger there? How many people did I interact with that saw that BOOOGER????? And didn't say a thing!

What would YOU do if you were talking to someone, anyone, that had a big, giant, nasty azz booger hanging from their nose?

Peace.

Default Re: Boogers!

haha, Sig! Boogers are the elephant in the room, aren't they?
    My usual line is to tell someone either "You need to blow your nose" or "You have something on your nose" and I make a brushing motion on my own nose so they get the idea. Naturally I don't make a big deal of it--I wouldn't want anyone else to.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

I seem to remember gettin' into some trouble talkin' boogers around here, hmm, perhaps'not.

Well what ya do is, ya point your boniest pointy finger right at said glistening glob o' gorge rising semi-solid goo, and loudly & excitedly exclaim in your very bestest comin' on down the Price Is Right voice:
    "Oh Oh Oh Pic-A-Winner Pic-A-Winner!!!!!
    Yeah, yeah I guess I am pretty swell pal to have around sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    Let's talk boogers. ...I would take my compact out to check my make-up...and there IT was!!!!! A booger hanging from my nose! ...
    This is one of the reasons I avoid mirrors. This and the dark shape.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

That has happened to me--I'm talking to someone and they have something right there, or maybe a little to the side...I don't say anything. I feel so awkward! I don't want to embarrass that person, it's almost always a guy and I don't want to make them feel ridiculous. What IS the right thing to do? Say or don't say? If it was me, I'd want someone to maybe kind of say 'ahem' and do a slight nose rubbing or something to let me know. I wouldn't want to walk around all day like that! I always tell my husband to 'Clean your nose, that looks disgusting!' or he'll turn to me before he goes in the bank or somewhere and ask if everything looks clean..ha!ha!..he's so funny!

I have allergies to dust ya know, or maybe you don't, so this is more often an issue of tissue with me than the average bear.... checkout lines, the bank, school, you name it,there I am ofttimes left standing, or sitting (looking with chagrin into the rear-view mirror), in the province of the freshly-picked nose-jewel... crikey...

I just say, "Hey, you've got a hanger."

Sometimes I say it, even when they don't....

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    I just say, "Hey, you've got a hanger."

Sometimes I say it, even when they don't....

On the same note, once I was in a hurry going to school, shaved, ran out the door, spent hours in classes, had lunch with the Anatomy teacher, picking his brain, got home, looked in the mirror and there was a huge piece of toilet paper still stuck to my neck where I'd nicked myself that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post

On the same note, once I was in a hurry going to school, shaved, ran out the door, spent hours in classes, had lunch with the Anatomy teacher, picking his brain, got home, looked in the mirror and there was a huge piece of toilet paper still stuck to my neck where I'd nicked myself that morning.
    I've stopped the oldest boy from going to school that way twice this month already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    I've stopped the oldest boy from going to school that way twice this month already.
    And you might be forced to let him find out the hard way like my parents did one day. Which obviously hadn't worked by the time I was in college.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast