Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Cat Pictures Are So Cute

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Pictures Are So Cute

Default Cat Pictures Are So Cute

Default Re: Cat Pictures Are So Cute

...again...if they had thumbs...we'd be goners...now, if you'll excuse me...I have to go rake the litter pan...

Yes, cats are predators. Imagine if they had guns.

Default Killer Cats

NY Times article on how cats are decimating bird and mammal populations in the US.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/sc...ler.html?_r=1&

My two cats never leave the house...........

Our neighbor's cats are of the killer variety--ours is an indoor cat. We've had at least one pair of cardinals for several years that we've been able to protect so far but not for lack of trying on the part of their cats and we have lost other birds because of them. Unfortunately, nothing we can do about it other than try to be vigilant and shoo them off when we see them in our yard.

WOW and to think so many of us have cats as pets.

Ya gotta look at where the domesticated cat came from. It's pure instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Ya gotta look at where the domesticated cat came from. It's pure instinct.
    I understand and which (at least here) is why it's illegal to harm them because of it. But doesn't stop us from trying to put the fear of Gan into them if we catch them in the act of trying to kill a bird. Have to say this for them, they're good runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I understand and which (at least here) is why it's illegal to harm them because of it. But doesn't stop us from trying to put the fear of Gan into them if we catch them in the act of trying to kill a bird. Have to say this for them, they're good runners.
    I love watching my cats get all fired up when they're outside and a bird lands in the vicinity. The cat will first crouch down low to the ground with it's tail up in the air all twitchy-like, flicking it back and forth, pupils all dilated, ears back. But they usually maintain this position for too long and the bird just up and flies away! I don't remember the two cats I currently have (or should I say they have me!!) ever getting a bird or any other small animal. No, I take that back, now I do remember the black one bringing in a mouthful of feathers once. The orange cat, huh uh, no way, she's way too- shall we say- well proportioned to ever get a bird!!

Even though he's inside and there's no chance he could get to them, our cat gets quite agitated and makes this weird chattering noise when he sees one getting too close to his window.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast