This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Default Betts Books

I know most of us here know about Betts Books but I really wanted to take the opportunity to plug the owner, David.

Quite a few months ago someone told me (Sunny,was it you?) there was a Gunslinger 1st on the Betts Books site and that the owner, David, was very helpful.

Well, I can't afford a 1st edition Gunslinger but I thought I'd take a shot in the dark and tell him what it meant to me and ask if he would take payments.

He does but the payments per month were to high for me. So, because he understood how important it was to me he extended the payment terms.

The man has never been anything but kind and patient with me. He didn't even get mad when I sent a payment late because I was traveling for work.

When I was able to pay it off early he seemed genuinely happy for me and even sent me a little gift.

Guys, if you collect and need something, please talk to David. He's absolutely amazing, he loves SK, and he's good people. I want to support good people as much as I can.

Default Re: Betts Books

...I didn't know...now I do...and will patronize his store when I have need...thanks for the tip honey...

Yep, it was me...... David is a great guy, and is extremely helpful.

I'm so happy that your expereince was a good one, and now you own a 1st Gunslinger!!!! YAY, SHASTA!!!! ♥

I actually didn't know about Betts Books. Now I do and I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks for posting about this Shasta! I want to visit the bookstore this summer, but couldn't find it on the internet. Do you know the address?

Yes, Shasta, you're right about David! I've been dealing with him for awhile now and he has always, always been a pleasure to do business with. He really does want to do that little bit 'extra' for his customers. I won't say what he's done for me, but let's just say that it's meant a whole heck of alot to me!!! You don't get this kind of special attention from the 'big box' booksellers!! I will always recommend him to anyone who's looking for that one missing item for their King collection!

Quote Originally Posted by 91rewoT View Post
    Thanks for posting about this Shasta! I want to visit the bookstore this summer, but couldn't find it on the internet. Do you know the address?
    The brick and mortar store isn't here any longer. David Williamson (who purchased the business from Stu Tinker) is running it as an on-line store only.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    The brick and mortar store isn't here any longer. David Williamson (who purchased the business from Stu Tinker) is running it as an on-line store only.
    Drat.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I think there is an address listed on the website, but it's for his home, not for the business, so don't even think about taking a trip to see his 'store', cause you'll be in for a big surprise! As Ms Mod said, there is no physical 'store', he does all of his business on-line and most of his stock is actually stuff that people have 'consigned' to him- he doesn't have the items, they are in the hands of the consignees. That might sound strange, but what happens is if you make a purchase from him, the item is shipped first to him, where he will inspect it and if there's anything wrong with it (a small tear in the dustjacket, etc.) he will notify you and let you decide if you still want to buy it. I myself have never had any issues like this with him, all of my transactions have been exemplary! Guess you could say he's the 'middleman', but he does an excellent job and is an outstanding individual. Again, I highly recommend him!

Awesome Shasta. Thanks i must check David out, few things iam looking for. A couple first editions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast