Forum New Member Suggestion

• This message board permanently closed on June 30th, 2020 at 4PM EDT and is no longer accepting new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowNinja88

Oct 5, 2017
I would like to suggest lowering the required posts needed until you don't need to be approved from 100 posts to around 10-20 posts. The 10 days part is fine, but the 100 post requirement is pretty excessive just to be able to post freely. Spamming is already not allowed so 10-20 approved posts should be sufficient to make sure you're not a bot, you'll be respectful and follow the rules and you won't spam. That is also the common requirement on other forums before you get more freedom instead of an insane amount of 100 posts. I hope this can be considered and implemented to help improve the site and help legitimate new members who may get deterred having to always have their posts approved first for so long.

FlakeNoir

Original Kiwi© SKMB®
Apr 11, 2006
New Zealand
I would like to suggest lowering the required posts needed until you don't need to be approved from 100 posts to around 10-20 posts. The 10 days part is fine, but the 100 post requirement is pretty excessive just to be able to post freely. Spamming is already not allowed so 10-20 approved posts should be sufficient to make sure you're not a bot, you'll be respectful and follow the rules and you won't spam. That is also the common requirement on other forums before you get more freedom instead of an insane amount of 100 posts. I hope this can be considered and implemented to help improve the site and help legitimate new members who may get deterred having to always have their posts approved first for so long.
Thanks for your suggestion, Jordan has previously addressed you with this in a private message. As he stated earlier the 100 posts and 10 day period is just the way we've decided to do things. We've found that this seems to improve the nature of the message board, as folks that want to stay around and make the community richer tend to stick out the moderation period.

Status
Not open for further replies.