Dark Tower Connection

• This message board permanently closed on June 30th, 2020 at 4PM EDT and is no longer accepting new members.

Chelley33187

Sep 7, 2017
This has been on my mind for years (obviously) and I felt I would put it out here to King fans.

There is a line we hear down in the Old Kingdom from Sally's friend. "Let the lamp affix it's beam. The only Emperor is the Emperor of Ice Cream."

The affixing the beam line is what stays with me. Could this be an unsung connection to the Tower?

Spideyman

Uber Member
Jul 10, 2006
Just north of Duma Key
This has been on my mind for years (obviously) and I felt I would put it out here to King fans.

There is a line we hear down in the Old Kingdom from Sally's friend. "Let the lamp affix it's beam. The only Emperor is the Emperor of Ice Cream."

The affixing the beam line is what stays with me. Could this be an unsung connection to the Tower?
Personal opinion-- all SK books have a DT connect is some way, means or form. It is his universe.

Bev Vincent

Apr 11, 2006
Texas
www.bevvincent.com

There are a number of Dark Tower connections in Kingdom Hospital -- the episode Butterfingers encapsulates the idea of the series. The Emperor of Ice Cream (a poem by Wallace Stevens) is the name of a section in 'Salem's Lot, and the entire poem is quoted as an epigraph.

GNTLGNT

The idiot is IN
Jun 15, 2007
Cambridge, Ohio

...Hi Chelley!....may your mind now be at ease....

Spideyman

Uber Member
Jul 10, 2006
Just north of Duma Key
So what's Antubis?
Antubis
The anteater from the mini-series Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital. He's actually Anubis but other than a child's misunderstanding, no one is for certain why exactly he appears as an anteater.

Anubis/Antibus was supposed to be some sort of gatekeeper for the Kingdom of Death, or something like that. When he was in human form, he was played by the actor who played Paul, the evil vampire boy; they explained this briefly in the second-to-last episode. Mary wants to see the good in all people, but Paul is basically all evil. So when Anubis/Antibus takes human form, he takes Paul's shape, becoming sort of the "good" version of Paul. They are not, however, the same person.
saved from a recap.

Spideyman

Uber Member
Jul 10, 2006
Just north of Duma Key
No, what IS it? In the larger mythos.
Tak96 , good day to you. You appear to be an active and curious person. May I suggest you spend some time researching, either through the internet, or at a library about the mythology. One learns through research. Perhaps you could then post and tell us what you discovered. Within the scope of Kingdom Hospital there maybe many interpretations of the meaning; each constant reader as well as the author himself. Thus I will ask-- what do you think it is?

Reactions: GNTLGNT and Sundrop