Posted: June 1st, 2009 12:32:42 pm
Summer is short and entertainment is vital. Therefore, make sure you take advantage of this June's suggestions. Would I steer you wrong? Hell, no! So here they are:
- Fangoria's anniversary issue, on sale now.
- Bruce Springsteen's Seeger Sessions.
- James McMurtry's Just Us Kids. Real alt-country rock and roll.
- Apple pies from Checkers. They come rolled in cinnamon. Yum!
- Waffles and eggs at Waffle House. Hash browns loaded with cheese optional.
- Monster Truck Jam (as long as you root for The Gravedigger to lose.)
- Ride the Boulder Dash wooden roller coaster in Bristol, CT.
- Listen to the entire Metallica catalogue. Then get your ears checked. You know you've been meaning to do it.
- Go to the beach on a motorcycle with your honey.
- Read Nobody Move, by Denis Johnson.
- Read Gone Tomorrow, by Lee Child.
- Read Look Again, by Lisa Scottoline.
- Read The Way Home, by George Pelecanos.
- See Drag Me to Hell, directed by the incomparable Sam Raimi.
- Play AC/DC in your car with the windows rolled down and the volume all the way up.
- Root for the Red Sox to bury the Yankees.
- Pray for Big Papi (David Ortiz).
- Wear your sunglasses at night.
- Watch for an excerpt from Under the Dome in Entertainment Weekly.