What Did You Do Today? What are you doing today?

• This message board permanently closed on June 30th, 2020 at 4PM EDT and is no longer accepting new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat in a bag

Aug 28, 2010
wyoming
Read Island of the Blue Dolphins for fun and took practice Accuplacer tests for not fun. Turns out that my old scores from SAT/ACT are only good for 2 years. It's been a good few years since I took them, so if I don't test high enough I have to take the basic classes again. I don't see any problem with testing out of the English/writing portion. The math... well, I'll be satisfied if I don't have to take remedial math (at an extra $500 tuition/semester). It's only the exponents that are giving me fits--I remember so little about them. Working with the 6th and 7th graders this year has brushed me up well on basic math and basic algebra; unfortunately, exponents are 8th grade work in our program

SO. My plan is to take the English Accuplacer tomorrow (2nd day of SLCs, so no school) and hit the math portion next week, after my daughter has had a chance to try to beat exponents into my thick skull. I can use good juju!
You've got this!!

GNTLGNT

The idiot is IN
Jun 15, 2007
Cambridge, Ohio
Read Island of the Blue Dolphins for fun and took practice Accuplacer tests for not fun. Turns out that my old scores from SAT/ACT are only good for 2 years. It's been a good few years since I took them, so if I don't test high enough I have to take the basic classes again. I don't see any problem with testing out of the English/writing portion. The math... well, I'll be satisfied if I don't have to take remedial math (at an extra $500 tuition/semester). It's only the exponents that are giving me fits--I remember so little about them. Working with the 6th and 7th graders this year has brushed me up well on basic math and basic algebra; unfortunately, exponents are 8th grade work in our program

SO. My plan is to take the English Accuplacer tomorrow (2nd day of SLCs, so no school) and hit the math portion next week, after my daughter has had a chance to try to beat exponents into my thick skull. I can use good juju!
...good luck m'dear!.....exponents....who needs steenking exponents???....ptew!!!!!.....

Neesy

#1 fan (Annie Wilkes cousin) 1st cousin Mom's side
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Okay - here it is (I had to look it up) but now thanks to you I know what good juju is :laugh:

56137117.jpg

:smile:

Dana Jean

Dirty Pirate Hooker, The Return
Apr 11, 2006
The High Seas
MATHEMATICS
a quantity representing the power to which a given number or expression is to be raised, usually expressed as a raised symbol beside the number or expression (e.g., 3 in 23 = 2 × 2 × 2).

That's the easy part, when you get to adding them, etc-- best know the rules.
What the hell did you just say?

:run_pig:

do1you9love?

Happy to be here!
Feb 18, 2012
Virginia

Sending you good juju to the nth power!!! (((skimom2))) :cheerful:
exponents-2-638.jpg

king family fan

Prolific member
Jul 19, 2010
south
mailed out some long over due letters and afew packages. Got several more letters I need to write. Got alittle pissed as I received a letter from our insurance company stating they will not approve the hubbys brain scan. What the heck. They claim they need more medical evidence. Guess the doctor and neurologist. Aint enough. Yet they have high enough wages we pay.Crazy.
Got a bit of cleaning done and now relaxing.
Received news today from the Neurologist that the insurance company has decided to cover the Brain scan. That goodness,now we must schedule it.

Status
Not open for further replies.