- Feb 18, 2013
- Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F Kennedy in 1946.
- Lincoln was elected president in 1860; Kennedy in 1960.
- Both Presidents were into civil rights; both of their wives lost children while serving at the White House.
- Both Presidents after their deaths were succeeded by Southerners by the surname of "Johnson": Andrew Johnson was born in 1808; Lyndon B. in 1908.
- Lincoln and Kennedy died on a Friday. They both were killed by wounding of the head while in the presence of their wives.
- Both of the alleged assassins were killed before their trials.
- John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839; Oswald in 1939.
- Lincoln's secretary was named 'Kennedy'; Kennedy's secretary was named 'Lincoln'.
- Booth ran from a theater and was captured in a warehouse; Oswald ran from a warehouse and was captured in a theater.