updating to add: Dracula (1931) A classic that I usually watch on Halloween, but I broke with tradition and watched it today.I can't miss this altogether! Here's my list so far, and I'll be scanning yours for ideas
SKMB Scurry Movies 2018
In no particular order, since I’m just trying to remember what I’ve watched so far:
- Vault of Horror-These first three are October staples for me
- Tales From the Crypt
- The Innocents
- Child’s Play (1985?) (FTV) I started watching this one and realized that I’ve never seen it! No movie where I get to look at Chris Sarandon can be too bad (lol), but this one was just silly.
- Sleepaway Camp (1983)(FTV) Ghastly, but funny nonetheless
- The Haunting (1963)-Always love this one
- The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) (FTV) Good acting, great story…until the last episode. Not crazy about that. Should this count for more than one? Not sure.
- Marrowbone (FTV) Really nicely done! Sad, but that’s Spanish horror for you
- Hell House LLC (FTV) Hipster horror (lots of yelling F**k at each other), but it still had something. Truly creepy in parts. I keep thinking about that clown…
- Blair Witch (FTV) It was okay. I’m very over ‘found footage’ movies, because in so few of them does constantly filming make sense. There were some nifty scenes, but for each of those there was a scene that went on too long
- Halloween (1978)
- Burnt Offerings-(FTV)Pretty much a “WTH did I just watch” movie. Some good scenes, but ultimately meh
- Bride of Frankenstein-Always good!
- The Old Dark House-Less well-known Whale movie. It has a lot of humor in it!
- The Fly-Cronenberg version. Still love it. Made my son sick to his stomach (lol)
- The Last House on the Left-(FTV) Daughter’s choice. Eh. It was okay. Torture and revenge.
- Castle Rock-I gave up after 8 episodes (Don’t hate me) where nothing happened. It was boring.
- IT (2017)-I have watched this so many times! BH wanted to see it, so I watched again and found out that he’s never seen the TV movie! He must be the only adult in America who hasn’t—lol
- The Amityville Horror (1979?)-haven’t watched this one in years, either. It holds up surprisingly well!
- A Cure For Wellness (FTV)-It might have been okay if the writer/director/whoever had decided what movie they were making and stuck with one idea. My animal loving friends, beware: there’s a scene with a deer that broke my heart (and made me wonder how the hell they did it without actually hurting the animal)
- Addams Family (FTV) Can I count this one? I’m gonna.
- The Conjuring-
- Trilogy of Terror (FTV) Karen Black is interesting in 3 different roles.
- The House that Dripped Blood
- I know I’ve forgotten at least a couple, but this is a fair representation. Pretty sure I’m not going to meet last year’s high (32 or 33? Can’t remember), but this is darn good, considering. I’ll add if I get a chance to watch more, or if I remember what I forgot.
I hope she liked it, it is such a great Movie16) Alien (1979) – In Space, no one can hear you scream! First viewing for my daughter. 4.5/5
17) AHS: Apocalype (2018) FTV – Ep 5 & 6 – I am really enjoying this season. It’s dark though! If you were a fan of Season 1 and you aren’t watching, you might want to check out Ep 6: “Return to Murder House”. – 4/5
18) Friday the 13th (1980) – First of its name! I was really into this series growing up. “He’s still there”. – 3/5
Sorry there’s some inaccurate info there, I accidentally typed a 7 instead of an 8 for Halloween’s release yearI got 5 movies dudes
Maximum Overdrive (1987) 2/5 stars
Halloween (1977) 5/5 stars
Nightmare before Christmas (1993) 4.5/5 stars
Nature documentary thing (N/A) 3/5 stars
Jaws (1975) 4.5/5 stars
I’m a Bangor Buddy!
WooHoo! two more makes 31!updating to add: Dracula (1931) A classic that I usually watch on Halloween, but I broke with tradition and watched it today.
I also forgot to add the first 3 eps of The Walking Dead. ("I just can't quit you, Rick"). As soon as he's gone, I am, too, but I have enjoyed what they've come up with so far this season, for the most part. The zombies are looking pretty rasty!
That's 26, if you count the TV shows as one each. If I break them up into 2 hour blocks, I'm at 29, I think. I may make my 31 after all!